In essence this is a list of people I’ve read about in books or saw in movies or on tv shows that made me want to be more like them or change my life in some way.
- Sherlock Holmes and John Watson (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
- I liked Sherlock’s mind, but I loved Watson’s heart
- Bilbo Baggins (JRR Tolkien)
- I always wanted to be a hobbit, but I also wanted to go on an adventure one day
- Pi (Yann Martel)
- I really liked how he combined three religions into one belief, which seemed really cool. I don’t want to be abandoned at sea for a while though
- Eugene Henderson (Saul Bellow)
- For anyone who hasn’t read Henderson the Rain King: go read, now. Its a wonderful book that really makes you think about your own life.
- Simon (William Golding)
- He was my favorite character for every reason possible. He seemed so much like me at times.
- Patroclus (As portrayed by Madeline Miller)
- The Song of Achilles shows the story of the Trojan war from Patroclus’s perspective, including a sexual relationship between Achilles and Patroclus. I love Patroclus’s inner thoughts and relate with them a lot, also I admire how he does anything for those he loves
- Cal (John Steinbeck)
- He really shows that you can change who you are to what you want to be, which really matters to me
- Dean Winchester (CW and Eric Kripke)
- He cares almost too much and is so strong, which makes me wish that I could go to the literal ends of the earth for what I believe in
- Pippin (JRR Tolkien)
- I admire mostly his happiness, because I think being happy is the most important thing in the world, but I also love every part of his character
- Toothless (Cressida Cowell) ( I haven’t actually read the books, I’m sorry)
- HE’S SO CUTE!! Also powerful and strong, but also the most gentle creature you will ever meet.
Hoping that one day you become your favorite character!